Old February 13th 07, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default London Buses - number of double deckers, single deckers & artics

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:00 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

Personally I'd much rather have a properly resourced and reliable
bus service than the botched compromise that so many areas have because
private companies won't put in the resources. I also don't mind
paying for it via my taxes.

And pay you (all Londoners) do! The bus growth areas outside London have
been achieved with minimal tax money by comparison.

Actually the precept only funds a small part of Tfl. Most of it comes
from all taxpayers! To be honest I wouldn't want what most of the bus
growth areas have as the service is not comprehensive enough.

Sure there is the very odd exception that gets close to London's level
of provision but I like the fact we have these daft things called early
morning and late night services that are still reasonably frequent and
convenient. Oddly they are actually used by people as well!
--
Paul C