Old February 14th 07, 09:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Edith Stephenson Helen Edith Stephenson is offline

Default Dartford Crossing: real time info on QEII Bridge closures?

In article , Graham Harrison edward.har
writes

"Helen Edith Stephenson" wrote in message
My employer has recently banished me to Basildon, which means that I'm
taking a sudden interest in the wind component of weather forecasts.

I know that the QEII Bridge was closed one day about a month ago when
wind speeds were approaching 30mph, and I wonder whether there's any
more reliable way of predicting bridge closures than just checking the
weather forecast.

[snip]
The site where you get your Dart Tag doesn't appear to carry that sort
of information, so the best bets are the BBC traffic news and AA
Roadwatch, but neither *predicts* a bridge closure - merely reporting
the ensuing delays after they have happened.

Does anyone have a favourite site which is more helpful?

Helen

Being completely the other side of London I don't watch the same issues so
whether any of these will help, I'm not sure but try: Make sure you tell
the difference between real time and predictions and look at all the
clickable options.

www.trafficmap.co.uk
www.trafficengland.com
http://www.highways.gov.uk/7964.aspx
http://www.mouchelparkman.com/area5/...icMap?ReadForm

Thanks. I'll give these a try.

Helen

Helen Edith Stephenson helen at baronmoss dot demon dot co dot uk
--
(I'm sure you can figure out what I mean!)
http://www.wuronga.me.uk/helen/