Old February 15th 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Victoria line today around 1030

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:56:50 +0000, Paul Terry
wrote:

In message , Tom
Anderson writes

Got the Vic at Finsbury Park, heading for Euston. Got as far as King's
Cross more or less alright. Then got an announcement: "this train is
being held here, as there is planned engineering work at Victoria; the
engineers will be on the line for about ten minutes". Got off and
headed over to the Northern line, to get to Euston; as i went down the
escalator, heard an announcement that the Victoria line was now
suspended.

Firstly, any idea what it was about?

Signal failure at Victoria according to the TfL realtime page. (Also
faulty train at Warren Street, although I'm not sure if that was
later).

Warren St was later - line ended up suspended H&I - Brixton.

Righto.

Secondly, am i right in assuming the "planned" was a mistake?

Sounds like it: engineering work, yes, but not planned!

Planned in the sense that LU allowed them on to the tracks but not
planned in the sense of a long planned possession.

Genius! So is there also unplanned engineering work, where the navvies
just bundle past the platform staff and fix things before anyone can stop
them, then?

tom

--
The Web isn't hypertext, it's DECORATED DIRECTORIES! -- Ted Nelson