Old February 15th 07, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Victoria line today around 1030

Tom Anderson wrote:
Afternoon all,

Got the Vic at Finsbury Park, heading for Euston. Got as far as King's
Cross more or less alright. Then got an announcement: "this train is
being held here, as there is planned engineering work at Victoria; the
engineers will be on the line for about ten minutes". Got off and headed
over to the Northern line, to get to Euston; as i went down the
escalator, heard an announcement that the Victoria line was now suspended.

Firstly, any idea what it was about?

Secondly, am i right in assuming the "planned" was a mistake? Seems like
a very, very odd time to make a possession ...

Funny, because yeserday, I was on the Vic at Tottenham Hale at about
0945 and there were delays most of the way - then when we got to Warren
Street, they terminated it, giving a problem at Victoria as the reason.
Maybe they fixed it last night but it recurred (not "scheduled", I know)?