Old February 16th 07, 03:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Non-terminus

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:54:49 -0600, Tristán White wrote:

Can anyone explain in two sentences why, if someone has a NR return ticket
from London-XXXXXX-London, which is valid for any route, they are not
allowed to leave at Farringdon?

A ticket from London Terminals is a ticket from KXTL (for northbound
journeys) or City Thameslink (for southbound journeys). If you want to
extend the journey to/from Farringdon, you have to buy a more
expensive ticket to permit the extra travel.

Why is there discrimination on people leaving the network at a station
which is not a terminus. I don't understand it. Why is it not to any NR
station within Zone 1.

It doesn't affect me particularly, but I just don't get the logic in it.

If you want to make a longer journey, you have to pay a higher fare.
Is that so illogical?