Old February 16th 07, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Non-terminus

On 16 Feb, 12:44, "Mizter T" wrote:
But a London Terminals ticket *is* valid from St Albans to Moorgate,
isn't it?

Barry Salter explains that this ain't so in his reply to your post.

Of course London Terminals tickets are valid at Moorgate for journeys
from/to the FCC Great Northern line.

Right, I misremembered the details (I thought they were valid to
Moorgate but not to southern Thameslink and not intermediately at
Farringdon, which would have been insane and weird and therefore quite
plausible under the Routing Guide). Was that the case pre-Thameslink,
or were Moorgate and Farringdon viewed as London Terminals in those
days?

Just as well Moorgate Widened Lines is closing under Thameslink 2k+n,
otherwise there'd have been the entirely silly situation where a
ticket from Stevenage to London Terminals was valid on a direct train
to Moorgate via Highbury but not on a direct train to Moorgate via
Farringdon...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org