Old February 16th 07, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Hamadi Rob Hamadi is offline

Default Non-terminus

On Feb 16, 3:48 pm, Michael Hoffman wrote:
wrote:
On 16 Feb, 14:29, Michael Hoffman wrote:
Surely if Rob bought a return to Gatwick Airport at KXTL, they would
have sold him one that was valid.

Yes, but it wouldn't be a London Terminals ticket, which is the point
of this thread.

But that's not what the question was about. Threads drift.

Indeed, though I should put my hands up to muddying the waters a
little. The reason I asked was that I clearly recall buying a return
to Gatwick at KXTL and, being a little late upon my return, deciding
to hop off at Farringdon and go straight to the office. When my ticket
failed to open the barrier the chap said that I wasn't really allowed
to detrain at Farringdon, but he'd let me off this once.

This puzzled me at the time, and still does...
--
Rob