Old February 19th 07, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

On 19 Feb 2007 06:50:17 -0800, "Boltar"
wrote:

Can't LU make their minds up if they want these or not? It seems they
occilate between having them then not on various train types over the
years. Why have they been taken of the D stock? Seems a bit of a
retrograde step.

They haven't been used for, ooh, seven or eight years now.

When I first moved to London (1997) the doors were only
passenger-controlled in the winter, but after a couple of years they
went to driver control at all times. I know not why. However, TTBOMK,
*no* Underground trains that have passenger-controlled door buttons
actually use them any more.