Old February 19th 07, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

On Feb 19, 3:12 pm, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
In message . com,
Boltar writes

Can't LU make their minds up if they want these or not? It seems they
occilate between having them then not on various train types over the
years. Why have they been taken of the D stock? Seems a bit of a
retrograde step.

They always had people stood in front of them, and lets face it how
often these days is it so cold that a bit of fresh air through the
carriage isn't welcome ?

Personally I'd like to see all door buttons gone.

I mentioned somewhere, maybe uk.railway, that close buttons are a
safety hazard in crowded trains. I have accidentally leant on a
button in an NR train and closed the door on someone who was getting
off.