Old October 19th 03, 01:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bikes on Thameslink

In article ,
(James Bentall) wrote:

In article ,
"Jeremy Parker" wrote:

"James Bentall" wrote in message
Does anyone know if it is permitted to take bikes on the Thameslink
service offpeak between Kings Cross Thameslink and London Bridge?

It is, but watch for Thameslink being closed down on weekends between
Kentish Town and Blackfriars until mid Dec. The new timetable
doesn't even go beyond Dec. owing to much engineering work for Kings
X, Thameslink 2000, etc.

Actually, I don't think it would be too bad getting the 12 year olds
to cycle. Easier than taking them on the Circle Line, I would think

Not convinced by that! I've done too much cycling across central London
and had too many near misses to even think about taking children
cycling there- particularly getting across the river.

Thanks for the info about the weekend closures though - that will be
useful to remember.

King's Cross to London Bridge should be a doddle on a bike at a weekend.
Traffic in the City is very light then. I've cycled between King's Cross
and Blackfriars Road many times.

--
Colin Rosenstiel