Old February 20th 07, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London Bridge this morning

On 20 Feb, 10:40, "John B" wrote:
On 20 Feb, 10:18, "Dubba" wrote:

I arrived at about 9.15 to find Joiner St crammed with people not
going anywhere. There were no announcements about what was happening
but it looked like the Underground station was closed. Anyone know
what happened?

Underground station closed due to (false) fire alarm. Trains running
again by 9:35ish.

Such precautionary evacuations are not unusual at Underground
stations. I don't know if anyone with knowledge of proceedures might
be able to fill in some of the details - i.e. whether a fire alarm
immediately trigger an evacuation?