Old February 21st 07, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Turnham Green 24/25 February

In message , Richard J.
writes
Because of engineering works, there are no District Line trains between
Turnham Green and Acton Town this weekend (24/25 Feb). LU have
announced that Piccadilly Line trains will call at Turnham Green
throughout the weekend.

Does anyone have access to the relevant Traffic Circular? I'm
interested to know whether the Picc will run a less frequent service
than usual in order to cope with the extra stop, as the signalling at
TG can't support the normal range of headways if all trains stop there.
Whatever the answer to that, I'd like to know what the planned daytime
trains-per-hour will be on Saturday and Sunday.

Yes we will run less service. We have Special Working for the weekend
to deal with it. I'm starting 1.5 hours earlier, which is a result for
me as I finish 1.5 hours earlier too and wanted to get away earlier
anyway!

I had the TT earlier for this special working but I have now extracted
the bits I need for my duty on Saturday and got rid of it, but it seems
they have thinned out the service to cope with the extra stop. From
what I remember, it's the usual 5 mins interval to HRC and 10 mins to
RLN/UXB. It's the AGR-NFD extras in the daytime that are reduced (or
possibly missing).

I'll pick up the TT again on Friday and have a closer look if nobody
else comes up with it.