Old February 21st 07, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Enlarged Congestion Charging area

On 21 Feb, 17:02, "Fresh Cheese" wrote:
On 21 Feb, 13:34, "John Rowland"

wrote:
I haven't been near the zone this week, so I'd like to hear people's
experiences.

The traffic travelling northbound across Battersea Bridge in the
morning peak doesn't appear to have reduced, and is possibly slightly
worse, which means a bus journey from Clapham Junction to Kings Road
is still only marginally faster than walking (and sometimes slower).
It's possible that more vehicles are now turning right from the bridge
on to the A3212 to get to the charge exempt route starting at Vauxhall
Bridge Rd thus blocking traffic travelling straight on or left at that
junction.

It's a bit early to say though as it probably needs a bit of time for
people to get used to - there may be some dithering going on at the
entrances to the zone. It's also school half term in a lot of areas.

Traffic crossing Battersea Bridge northbound might well be turning
left off the bridge onto Cheyne Walk, which is the (non-charged)
perimeter road.

I know the traffic jam on Batts Bridge of which you speak though - as
you say, at busy times it's often quicker by shank's pony.