Old February 21st 07, 11:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Turnham Green 24/25 February

In message , Peter Smyth
writes

"Mizter T" wrote in message
roups.com...

I also see that on the weekend of 12-13 May and 9-10 June that "Hatton
Cross - Heathrow Terminals 123" will be closed - I guess this is
connected to work on a junction for the branch to the new Terminal 5
station. Does this mean that trains will run:
Hatton Cross - T4 - T123 - reverse T4 - Hatton Cross ?

I very much doubt it, I suspect the whole loop will be closed. HX - T4 -
T123 is only single track so you could only run a train every 20 minutes at
best plus the signalling isn't set up for this.

Trains are timetabled to go round the loop every 5 minutes in normal
operation. You can actually get a few more than that round and, of
course T123 to Hatton Cross is normal two way working.

I think the work is more to do with testing and proving the new
signalling - most of the construction type work has been complete for
some time.