Old February 22nd 07, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

On Feb 22, 7:24 am, Paul G wrote:
In message . com,
Boltar writes

On Feb 20, 10:23 pm, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message .com,
Boltar writes

Perhaps it has something to do with wheelchair users not being
able to reach
them.

I can't remember when I've ever seen someone in a wheelchair on the
tube. DLR yes , tube no.

Sorry to disappoint you but in the past two weeks, I've noticed 3
wheelchair users getting on my train.

Deep level tubes and all (Piccadilly)

I travel on the picc everyday. Never seen a wheelchair user once.
Besides which I can't see how they'd get out at most of the stations
given the drop from the train to the platform and the lack of lifts at
most of them.

You don't always need lifts:http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/downloads...ss-guide1-octo...
006.pdf

Although I noticed Dagenham Heathway (which I used yesterday) is shown
as being wheelchair accessible and yet there's possibly half a foot
between the train floor height the platform (I'm not sure why some
stations on the same line are better than others, in this respect),
which I would have thought is enough to be challenging. It does have a
disabled toilet and ramp to street level however.

One third of Tube stations to be accessible by 2013:http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...ress-releases-...
ent.asp?prID=734

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking-

The platform/train thing is solved by staff with ramps on NR, so I
don't see why not on LU.