Old February 22nd 07, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Mizter T wrote:

On 21 Feb, 17:33, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Mike Bristow wrote:
In article . com,
Boltar wrote:

I don't use the jubilee much but the times I have been on that section
I've not seen any either. Also I can't see how someone would get on or
off a tube in a wheelchair train in the rush hour without serious
inconvenience to themselves and other people. Its hard enough for
mothers with prams.

Folk in wheelchairs can be more nimble than mothers with prams; some of
them will have been 'wheeling' for years, but mothers stop pushing prams
as soon as they can.

Not sure i'd agree with that - there are plenty of women pushing around
kids who are clearly old enough to walk. A friend of mine has a bee in her
bonnet about it and always points them out, so i know this to be true!

Tom - dare I say that it's sometimes easier to shove them in a buggy
anyway! Little legs get tired quickly.

Yebbut - it's not at all uncommon to see huge big kids strapped into
buggies and struggling to get out, showing no signs of tiredness at all. I
think in a lot of cases it's more about control, and the parent's
convenience - they can make the kid go wherever they want, at good speed,
without the child being able to oppose them. Great for the parent, pretty
horrific for the child. Not a good start on a healthy, exercise-filled
life, either.

tom

--
eviscerated by obfuscation