Old February 22nd 07, 08:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Secret Tube Trains under London?

In message
Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 18:47:44 on Thu,
22 Feb 2007, Graeme Wall remarked:
The Royal family don't travel by public transport because of the
security problems it would pose.

They travel on scheduled trains these days, as well as scheduled
airlines.

But not on tube trains or buses. Much easier to segregate them at
airports and main line stations.

So we agree that they do use public transport, just not all varieties.

Not really, special arrangements are made, they get platform and
lounge space for themselves, the first class coach or section of
cabin is for their use only. That can hardly be sensibly referred to
as using public transport in the sense that everyone else does.

Graeme, do stop wriggling. It's not becoming.

I see you have fallen back into your bad old ways of being insulting

Was that an insult? No, just a mild rebuke.

when you get things wrong.

Sadly, you are the one falling into the old habit. Not admitting when
you are wrong. And such a silly thing to go out on a limb over.

All right I'll leave you with the fantasy that the Royal family use public
transport just like other people if it pleases you.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.