Old February 23rd 07, 01:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
clive Coleman. clive Coleman. is offline

Default Secret Tube Trains under London?

In message , Graeme Wall
writes
Americans might not retaliate but pull back into their isolationist mode.
Hence the perceived need for a British independant nuclear strike capability.

That's why we've got Trident? We don't have any nuclear capability not
controlled by the Merkins, even Trident requires their permission before
it can be used. The excuse being that when it was sold to us, the cost
would have been double but Merka would share development costs with us
as long as they retained right of veto, which I understand is a twin key
approach, neither can fire it without the express permission of the
other. What good is that to us. Remember Suez, it was the Merkins that
buggered that up, so much for special relationships.
--
Clive.