Old February 23rd 07, 02:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
clive Coleman. clive Coleman. is offline

Default Secret Tube Trains under London?

In message , Graeme Wall
writes
As for the SLBMS I'm not sure the Americans can physically
prevent us launching them, we sure as hell can't stop them launching theirs.
The only way a genuine twin key approach can work is if RN boats carry USN
personnel on every deployment and I'm not aware that that is the case.

I watched a programme years ago on a channel like National Geographical,
and if I remember, the sub had to be in contact (radio wise) with the
white house and unless they entered the right code into the system, it
won't work. Things might have changed, but I somehow doubt it.
--
Clive.