Old February 23rd 07, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default London Transport museum

On Feb 23, 4:17 pm, Michael Hoffman wrote:
David Cantrell wrote:
At Covent Garden station this morning the charming young lady^Wrecorded
announcement was telling people to get off there for the museum. I take
it that it has re-opened then?

Not according to their web site.

And I notice that the announcement was about "London's transport museum"
and not the "London Transport museum". Bah.

Well, it is not a museum that is strictly about London Transport, which
no longer exists.
--
Michael Hoffman

It is a museum about transport in London so "London Transport Museum"
remained apt even after LT ceased to exist. It was a pointless change
of name.