Old February 23rd 07, 04:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
[email protected] icewhale@gmail.com is offline

Default Secret Tube Trains under London?

On Feb 23, 7:07 am, "Brian Watson" wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 22 Feb, 14:24, "Peter Ashby" wrote:
"Brian Watson" wrote in message

A contributor to The Robert Elms Show on BBC Radio London has just
claimed
there are secret underground train lines between Buckingham Palace and
various other London sites.

Nifty conspiracy theory, or fact?
Well, Brian I have to say many thanks for livening up this news group !!

Pete

To which newsgroup do you refer - as he copied his post to three, as I
think have all (or at least most) of the other contributors.

I only copied them to ngs where the question was on-topic.

Thought we'd get immediate thread drift if I included a royal family group.
--
Brian- Hide quoted text -

I would have thought that the Royal Family would have planned to
evacuate from London in a similar fashion to that planned for the
Prime Minister's Helicopter Party, during the early-mid 1960s (see
extract of declassified BURLINGTON related file below)

Prime Minister's Helicopter Party

Geraghty and I discussed with Bishop the Prime Minister's helicopter
lift to BURLINGTON. It was agreed for planning purposes the party
proposed to the Prime Minister (War Book Top Secret Annex Chapter II,
Section 3, serial 8) should be as under:

Prime Minister and two personal staff officers 3
Ministers
12
Secretary of the
Cabinet 1
Chiefs of
Staff 4
Secretary of the Chiefs of Staff Committee 1

This leaves a reserve of 4 which could be added to the list at the
last moment.

click on the link to view pic of the actual page

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...k/60fc7b85.jpg

Mike