Old February 24th 07, 01:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Waltham Cross

steve wrote:

It's the new printing plant for News International. I drive past it
every day... I'm suprised a Travelodge is upmarket enough for their
visitors...

I believe the The Travelodge is on the former Little Chef site, and is
presumably an unrelated project.

I was looking at it from Gilwell Park last Sunday, it truly is vast.

(And yes, it is greenbelt. But it once was put forward as a huge
shopping mall, and also as a site for travellers - and what Murdoch
wants, Murdoch gets - as a rule).

How can they do that? If the green belt can be built on, in what sense does
it exist at all?