Old February 24th 07, 05:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
Brian Watson Brian Watson is offline

Default Secret Tube Trains under London?

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Brian Watson
wrote:

"Alistair Gunn" wrote in message
. ..

People are always claiming that the UK Tridents can't be fired without
the USA authorisation (or even that only the USA controls them), but
they never seem to be able to provide any evidence for this (or any
evidence as to why the UK would be foolish enough to sign up to such a
deal).

Might be something to do with incurring HUGE debts to the US during WW1
and the rematch between 1939 and '45.

No. We just paid off the last of that debt earlier this year/end of last.

Only for WW2 - "we" are keeping very quiet about the owings for WW1.

:-\

--
Brian