Old February 24th 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] ryouwho@hotmail.com is offline

Default Anyone driven the CC free route yet?

On 24 Feb, 20:52, Paul Corfield wrote:
On 24 Feb 2007 12:41:20 -0800, wrote:

Hi group.
I might well have occasion to drive from the bottom of the M1 to
Brixton in the fairly near future, and at least one way will be during
charging hours, which means either a lengthy detour or the free route.

Has anyone on here driven the north-south free route yet? How well
signed is it? Any pitfalls for the unwary driver-ie how easy is it to
accidentally drive into the zone, especially after dark?

Or is it all very simple?

Edgware Road, Park Lane, Grosvenor Place, Victoria one way system,
Vauxhall Bridge Road. Also Chelsea Embankment since the extension came
in.

Thanks. Edgeware road is no problem, I know how to get there, and I
can get onto Park Lane at Marble Arch. Then what? The next bit looks a
little tricker. Is it just a question of following green signs to stay
on the free road.

(actually the trip the other way after dark will be after charging
finishes -doh(!)-going wrong northbound will just mean getting lost,
not a 8 quid bill for my troubles)