Old February 24th 07, 08:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Secret Tube Trains under London?

In message , at 17:20:39 on Sat,
24 Feb 2007, Andrew Clark
remarked:

Can you explain why the many references to battery locos have escaped your
attention?

Not all the rolling stock is battery operated, is it? I was referring to the
everyday clutter of hundreds of trains using the system.

And I the special evacuation train.

That would have been done long before, when the lines were shut to the
public.

You see, I think you have in mind some sort of orderly gradual transition
from normality to emergency,

Gradual enough, yes.