Old February 25th 07, 02:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Secret Tube Trains under London?

Arthur Figgis wrote:
Bill Again wrote:
"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message

Case in point. I had an East German visitor staying here for a while
after the Wall came down. He had been a tank driver in the East
German army during the 80's and I asked him what he thought about it
all. He, and his thousands of similarly engaged compatriots, were
sitting there in their massed tanks waiting for the NATO forces to
come pounding eastwards across the German/ German border. I
mentioned that we rather thought that it might be the other way
round. He appeared genuinely astounded to hear this.

(Hello, wot you doing here?!)

That is what I was thinking. What did Ivan think we would do?

What we've done in Iraq!