Old February 25th 07, 02:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Southall - Zonal fare rip-off?

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 25, 2:34?pm, wrote:
As I don't know what exactly was asked for, although the OP did say
the words "Underground" and "Zone 4" were mentioned, it's difficult to
know who was at fault. I suspect, however, that the booking clerk, on
hearing the words "Southall in Zone 4", assumed that Southall was on
the Underground and sold that ticket.

Incidentally, if it was after 0930, a zone 1-4 ODTC at ?5.70 may have
been a better value option.

Moral of the story: Keep it simple. If you want a single to Southall,
say so. Don't confuse matters by mentioning zones or the
Underground. If an Underground transfer is required, the ticket
issuing system will know this.

Ken

My friend asked for a single to Southall, nothing more (at 0720).

It was the inspector at Southall who first used the word "Underground" and
only then did my friend refer to the zones printed on the ticket, so there
was no customer confusion at the Goodmayes end!

Terry