Old October 19th 03, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Concorde! on BBC2 now

"Stimpy" wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Does anyone else remember everyone in the school playground pointing
up and shouting "Concorde" whenever it went over? Do kids still do
that?

I still do.... at age 42 :-))) My kids always seem so much more blase
about it

So do I...

When I flew out of Heathrow last month I stayed in a hotel overnight;
went for a walk along the A4 (scenic!) whilst observing takeoffs from
the northern runway... at one stage the noise was so loud I was
thinking "what's going on?", turned, and waited for the place to climb
above the line of trees and/or buildings and lo! it was Concorde!

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |