Old February 26th 07, 04:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Southall - Zonal fare rip-off?

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:44:54 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

Not 100% certain but from the details given and what I've read I would
say he's been charged the right fare by "one" but issued the wrong
ticket. At present prices are zonal but tickets are issued from "a to b"
which means it should have said Goodmayes to Southall on it and not
U1234.

After a close reading of the NFM (and though at first I got the same
impression as Barry Salter) I think you're right here. Both tickets
are Train Tube Singles, but such a ticket issued to U1234 is only
valid for journeys that end at an LU/DLR station.

This ticket only gives validity to Liv St and then onto the LU
network as far as zone 4.

To be pedantic, I don't think this is true, strictly speaking. I
reckon it would be valid for a journey such as: 'one' to Liverpool
Street; Tube to Victoria; Southern to Balham; Tube to Morden.

(Basically, by any combination of LU and NR within the zones on the
ticket, as long as you end up at an LU/DLR station. It may or may not
be hidden somewhere in some Conditions of Carriage that your route
also has to be "reasonable".)

However, if your ticket started from a station outside the zones (e.g.
Chelmsford to U1234) then it *wouldn't* be a Train Tube Single, and
the usual pre-Jan-2006 rules apply, i.e. you *would* be restricted to
the LU/DLR network (and interavailable routes) once you got to
Liverpool Street (or Stratford, if you changed there).