Old February 26th 07, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default London Transport museum

On Feb 26, 3:42 am, "John Rowland"

(a) the new name for the Imperial War Museum

National War Museum...

and (b) the replacement for the Order of the British Empire?

Order of the British Nation.

I was so busy pontificating I forgot to answer Marc's question (maybe
I should go into politics). OBN sounds ok to me. Order of British
Excellence was also suggested by a parliamentary select committee in
2004. Alternatively why not widen the membership of some of the
various other archaic Orders (Order of Merit, Order of St. George, the
Psychedelic Garter etc) which have been traditionally reserved for
small numbers of the aristocracy & military? People might complain
that "it isn't the same" - but that is the point.