Old October 19th 03, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Congestion charge cheat

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:48:54 GMT, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

[on Hemel/Swindon magic roundabouts]

I've heard that the reason for the change at Hemel was that there were
too many large, reportable accidents going on (involving injury etc).
The result of the change was apparently to reduce this count
significantly as the traffic was moving more slowly. However, what it
also succeeded in doing was to increase substantially the count of
minor, damage-only, non-reportable accidents instead.

Could be being cynical, but having cycled around it (not driven it) I
can believe it.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.