Old February 27th 07, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Southall - Zonal fare rip-off?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:13:34 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

This ticket only gives validity to Liv St and then onto the LU
network as far as zone 4.

To be pedantic, I don't think this is true, strictly speaking. I
reckon it would be valid for a journey such as: 'one' to Liverpool
Street; Tube to Victoria; Southern to Balham; Tube to Morden.

Sorry but I think you are wrong with this example. Victoria to Balham is
not interavailable so is in effect another TOC journey.

Yes, I deliberately chose an example that was not interavailable.

A ticket purchaser would have to decide whether they wished to use NR
and then only LU to reach Balham or else buy a ticket from their origin
to Balham (NR) and then rebook to Morden. Other than a One Day
Travelcard I do not think there is a ticket that allows NR - LU - NR -
LU as a set of journey legs where the NR legs are not interavailable
with a LU service.

OK, I couldn't see any reason why you couldn't do NR-LU-NR-LU within
the zones on your ticket, but I suppose it doesn't explicitly say you
*can* either, so you'd be taking your chances with what the RPIs would
accept.