Old February 27th 07, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default North London Line

On 27 Feb 2007 11:52:56 -0800, Mizter T wrote:

You didn't say where and when you were going but yes, in my experience
at peak times the North London Line between Stratford and Willesden
Junction can be very busy in both directions, though I think it's
slightly less rammed west of West Hampstead. I don''t have a lot of
experience of the NLL south from Willesden Junction to Richmond but I
don't think it's quite so packed.

It is indeed not quite so packed, in the sense that you can actually
get on the train.

The NLL isn't getting new trains until 2009 - there's 24 three car
trains on order for the NLL but I'm not sure how many old trains are
in the fleet now, nor am I sure how intensive a service the new fleet
(or the old one for that matter) could provide.

The current fleet consists of 23 3-car 313s and 3 3-car 508s. These
cover the NLL, WLL, Watford DC line, and St Albans Abbey branch.

The 24 new trains will cover NLL and WLL services (not sure about the
St Albans Abbey branch).

(The Euston-Watford service will most likely be binned, and there will
be a separate fleet of 20 4-car third-rail-only trains for the
extended ELL.)