Old February 27th 07, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default North London Line

On Feb 27, 10:02 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
I'm pretty convinced that once orbital rail improvements start to
materialise that there will be a surge in demand that is currently
suppressed by relatively poor service levels and / or concerns about
station facilities and security. I've slightly lost track as to what
improvements are due when - as TfL and Network Rail have different views
as to what is needed - but I think TfL will be exercising its option for
new trains and asking for signal and platform enhancements within 18-24
months of Overground starting this November.

Hopefully Willesden Junction High Level is done first - nearly all of
the existing stations EXCEPT THIS ONE can handle six-car trains (or
maybe they can handle 2x313, which may be shorter than 2x375).

As for line enhancements, restoring full four-tracking in all places
where it used to exist and constructing new stations at radial route
interchanges (i.e. for the Piccadilly, Northern and Central lines)
should definitely be considered.