Old February 27th 07, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default North London Line

In message , Graham J
writes
I used the North London Line to get from Highbury and Islington the last
two days there were enough people to fill 8 carriages, but only 3 on the
train.

It must be common, because there was no hesitancy getting on board,
everyone runs and crams into every available inch of space.

Is this cattle truck scenario the norm ??

Drifting off from the original subject. I am always amused when I hear the
whining and complaining at East Croydon about supposedly crowded trains in
the morning peaks. Yes they can be extremely crowded but they are as
nothing compared to those I used to encounter in the peaks from Edmonton
Green. They'd have been regarded as half empty there :-)

Similarly I used to complain about crowding from Palmers Green to
Moorgate...... luxury.

This morning I managed to get about 2 inches of space up against the
door all the way from Highbury & Islington to Brondesbury on the NLL.

I have to say that a lot of the problem seems to school kids filling the
thing up. I can remember when everyone went to the local school, and
walked there. In fact I can't remember using a bus or train once in all
my school days.

--
Edward Cowling London UK