Old February 28th 07, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Oyster Helpline Cost

In message , asdf
writes

When you call an 0845 number, the recipient does receive a portion of
the cost of the call, so I presume the answer is yes.

Its not quite that simple. With an 0845 number the charge to the caller
is fixed, whatever the distance of the call, and the recipient pays or
receives any difference in the actual cost of the call.

But in the case of the Oyster helpline, I would imagine that the
overwhelming majority of calls are local (from the London area) and so I
would expect that they make a profit from using an 0845.

--
Paul Terry