Old February 28th 07, 10:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Southall - Zonal fare rip-off?

In message , Bill Hayles
writes

It probably happened with Ashford to Ashford (for which I remember
seeing a ticket from one to the other) and Gillingham to Gillingham, but
I can't recall a real life example.

I've certainly suffered the Gillingham confusion, although not by train.
A couple of years ago I was working in Canterbury for a client for a
week, and was told that I'd need to pop up the road to Gillingham one
afternoon. Despite being pronounced with a soft G it turned out to be a
return drive to Dorset
--
Paul Terry