Old February 28th 07, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham J Graham J is offline

Default North London Line

Angel Road, however, now only gets a handful of trains in the peaks...and
those go to Stratford. Can you say, "Closure by stealth"?

Madness when you consider that Angel Road is virtually opposite Ikea and
Tesco Extra! (Though the access to the station is now from a road
overbridge a short distance off the *country* end of the platforms, rather
than the London end, thanks to the widening of the A406).

I've never actually used Angel Road station but I have to say it doesn't
look very inviting having to find your way to the top of the overbridge,
which isn't exactly the most accessible of places, and then walk under the
bridge and along a rather enclosed footpath to get to the platforms, and
then if you want the other platform you need to use a footbridge. I can't
say I fancy that much.

The other thing the A406 widening did was to remove the pavements which
isn't very helpful to pedestrians. I used to walk from the Angel to Wickes
etc but that put a stop to that.

You would have thought there was a better way of providing access to the
station. It seems to me it has been provided on the wrong side of the road.

G.