Old February 28th 07, 11:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Southall - Zonal fare rip-off?

In message , at 11:11:51 on Wed, 28 Feb
2007, Paul Terry remarked:
It probably happened with Ashford to Ashford (for which I remember
seeing a ticket from one to the other) and Gillingham to Gillingham, but
I can't recall a real life example.

I've certainly suffered the Gillingham confusion, although not by
train. A couple of years ago I was working in Canterbury for a client
for a week, and was told that I'd need to pop up the road to Gillingham
one afternoon. Despite being pronounced with a soft G it turned out to
be a return drive to Dorset

I've had the Ashford problem. Invited to meet a client by a third party,
who was convinced it was the Middx one, and only at the very last minute
changed his mind to Kent.