Old February 28th 07, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default London Transport museum

Tom Anderson wrote:

I have at no point advocated renaming anything - i was merely
pointing out that for some people, the Empire was a Very Bad Thing,
and thus that celebrating it is a bit of a slap in the face to them.

I don't see how the title of a museum about war and weapons could avoid
upsetting anyone.

Well, i wouldn't rename anything (well, i would, but not because of
this - having two stations called Edgware Road is intolerable, for
example).

Since there are three huge roads called Edgware Road in London, and none of
them is actually in Edgware, having even one station called Edgware Road is
intolerable!