Old February 28th 07, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default London Transport museum

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, John Rowland wrote:

Martin Underwood wrote:
John Rowland wrote in message

Since there are three huge roads called Edgware Road in London, and
none of them is actually in Edgware, having even one station called
Edgware Road is intolerable!

So you'd advocate renaming Oxford Street, York Way/Road and Liverpool
Street as well, would you?

Oxford Street station was renamed a long time ago, and I do believe it
should be renamed again to St Giles. I am not aware of a station called York
Way, and renaming York Rd station would not pass a cost benefit analysis
these days.

I dunno - the cost side would be quite small, as there aren't exactly a
lot of signs to change.

As for Liverpool St, yes, it should be renamed, particularly since a
number of stations which have trains to London Liverpool St also have
trains to Liverpool Lime St.

Okay. What to? And why not just rename Liverpool instead?

cpnfusion

Huh? ;-)

pwned!

there should only be one station with each name: Edgware Road,
Shepherd's Bush and Hammersmith are candidates for this
rationalisation.

I agree where the Shepherds Bushes are concerned because they are in quite
different places. I see no benefit in giving the Edgware Roads separate
names

"Meet you at the front of Edgware Road station at half past six."

- I think they should both have the same name but a different one to the
one they have now.

That seems uniquely perverse.

Hammersmith is fine - it's not the best interchange on the map, but it
isn't the worst either, and giving the stations different names would
only con people into avoiding interchanging there, thus wasting their
time and perhaps money.

I take it Hammersmith is an official out-of-station interchange. ISTR
that, surprisingly, the trip between the Edgware Roads isn't. Is that
right?

tom

--
packaheomg sogma's