Old February 28th 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default London Transport museum

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, John Rowland wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

I have at no point advocated renaming anything - i was merely pointing
out that for some people, the Empire was a Very Bad Thing, and thus
that celebrating it is a bit of a slap in the face to them.

I don't see how the title of a museum about war and weapons could avoid
upsetting anyone.

I don't see why the *title* must upset people; some people might find the
very idea upsetting, but i think a name like the National War Museum,
British War Museum, Lambeth War Museum or whatever wouldn't upset anyone
who was happy with the concept itself.

Well, i wouldn't rename anything (well, i would, but not because of
this - having two stations called Edgware Road is intolerable, for
example).

Since there are three huge roads called Edgware Road in London,

Didn't know that; where are the other two?

and none of them is actually in Edgware,

As is normal for roads named after places!

tom

--
packaheomg sogma's