Old February 28th 07, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Brian Watson Brian Watson is offline

Default North London Line

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

I believe as part of S106 agreements improvements to signaling,
gauge enhancements, loop lengths are already COMMITED from Haven
Ports to P'bro
From P'bro to Nuneaton is supposed to being investigated, I
believe.

Crumbs (he says, putting on Parish Council hat), I didn't know S106 money
stretched to that size of project.

Perhaps Ken can help with a pot of money as it is almost certainly
the cheapest way of creating extra space on North London Line(s)

The route across the Fens would need electrification and then there is
the single track section from Soham to Ely to be sorted out.

Driving past/near the line between Soham and Newmarket today, I can't see
why they don't get serious about that route.

I think passenger income would be negligible from new stations at Soham or
Fordham/Burwell, but I can't see why they don't double that stretch to help
capacity.

--
Brian