Old March 1st 07, 12:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default North London Line

In article ,
(Brian Watson) wrote:

The route across the Fens would need electrification and then
there is the single track section from Soham to Ely to be sorted
out.

Driving past/near the line between Soham and Newmarket today, I
can't see why they don't get serious about that route.

I think passenger income would be negligible from new stations at
Soham or Fordham/Burwell, but I can't see why they don't double
that stretch to help capacity.

There is some expensive bridgework in the way. One doubling proposal
would still leave a short single track section near Ely Dock Junction for
that reason. Unlike most recent doubling schemes this section has never
been double track.

--
Colin Rosenstiel