Old March 1st 07, 03:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Southall - Zonal fare rip-off?

In message
Ian Jelf wrote:

In message , Graeme Wall
writes
I've been sent to Farnham when the interviewee was in Fareham. Oh how we
laffed!

We had a sub-editor who was renowned for these sort of mistakes by the
name of Mark Bayliss. One good one was being sent to cover the Orient
Express visiting Weymouth. I'd actually covered the story the previous
week so we had a gentle drive down to Weymouth, a good lunch and then
phoned into the office to find where the train had got to. The girl in
the newsroom looked on her computer and came back with 'You've been
Baylissed!' Apparently he was sat behind her at the time.

Out of interest, where was the Orient Express at the time?

I assume somewhere between Victoria and Dover as normal.

The Weymouth trip was a charter by Sealink in conjunction with the renaming
of a ferry.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.