Old March 2nd 07, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Oyster Helpline Cost

On 1 Mar 2007 08:58:09 -0800, "John B" wrote:

On 1 Mar, 16:20, Paul Terry wrote:

"[Journeycall's] Travel Advisors currently answer over 3000 live calls a
day, about half of them on behalf of clients.

The other half being their mates...?

I remember reading a tale in one of Scott Adams' "Dilbert" books in
which the protagonist (I can't recall now whether it was Adams himself
or a reader) used to work in a call centre where performance was
measured by number of incoming calls handled. This worked well enough
until the staff discovered that one of them calling another not only
kept them looking busy whilst not actually working, but gave the
department credit for an incoming call.

Numbers rocketed...