Old March 3rd 07, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default North London Line

Agreed, and my arc does nothing for Channel tunnel freight coming from
the CTRL.

First we need some *significant* channel tunnel freight.

There simply is not the traffic for any route - never mind CTRL.

We really can't talk about proposals for domestic freight flows to/
from the tunnel and the need to divert from classic routes or upgrade
corridors until traffic is at a sustainable and significantly higher
level. It is not even doubling or quadrupling present traffic, but
about two orders of magnitude before any infrastructure work is
justifiable. One we have got to the minimum situation of about 10-12
trains per day *each* via CTR1 and CTR2 and CTRL i.e. 30-40 long term
flows of freight every day, through the tunnel, every year, on long
contracts.

Releif routes, junctions, flyoevers, diveunders, catenary, and what
not will never ever get built for one or two trains a day

--
Nick