Old March 3rd 07, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default North London Line

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:09:35 +0000, Peter
wrote:

On 28 Feb 2007 10:31:12 -0800, "Adrian"
wrote:

Agreed, and my arc does nothing for Channel tunnel freight coming from
the CTRL.

Tonbridge - Redhill - Guildford - Reading?

Issues:
1. New flyover (across A23 in Redhill) between Nutfield and Reigate if
reversing in Redhill station is to be avoided.

This would need to be on a substantial viaduct.

2. Reigate level crossing (increased freight traffic will cause this
to be closed more often to road traffic, but it's a major road - an
M25 feeder). A new bridge would, I think, require significant land
take - possibly including demolition of my home!

What about taking the road beneath the railway? It's quite a rise from
the roundabout to the level crossing.

3.Portsmouth line conflict from Shalford junction - Guildford.

A flyover would sort this out, and avoid conflict between passenger
trains as well.

4. Can it be connected to the SWML at Farnborough?

Pass. My old 1 inch OS Map 169 shows an embankment between the two
from Southbound to Eastbound, south of Farnborough North Station. I
bet most of the spare land of 1959 has been built on nowadays.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society