Old March 4th 07, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joyce Whitchurch Joyce Whitchurch is offline

Default Ticket scam

Neil Williams wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:20:55 +0000, Joyce Whitchurch
wrote:

But TBH I'm surprised that Saver tickets ever got off the ground in the
first place. They were particularly easy to fiddle when Routemasters
ruled the earth - not many conductors could remember who'd given them a
ticket and who'd not.

Not any more than they could remember who they'd sold a cash fare to
or seen a Travelcard from, presumably?

They could ask to see the ticket or the Travelcard again though. But if
you showed them a Saver ticket, they couldn't remember if they'd already
taken the stub or not, short of digging through a pile of stubs in their
bag. I suppose that problem lessened as fewer and fewer people used Savers.
--
Joyce Whitchurch, Stalybridge, UK