Old March 5th 07, 11:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster card journeys on expenses

In article om,
() wrote:

Wonder if any of you kind Londoners can help me out here.

As someone who visits London frequently, I already have an
(unregistered) Oyster card, which I top up from time to time with
little bits of cash here and there. In a couple of weeks though,
I'll be going to London for a work-related visit.

To save money, I'm intending to use the Oyster card. Is there a
way I can get a print-out of my journey history, to show to my boss,
so I can claim expenses back? Do I have to register my card for
this, or can I obtain a print-out from a ticket office, or from one
of the machines?

I had a look through all 200 questions on the FAQ on the Transport
for London website, but couldn't find anything which answered my
question!

I may use my Oyster on expenses less often than you but my practice is to
add credit to it at the start of the day when I'm using it on expenses.
Doing it in cash at a ticket office means I can get change (usually I'm
adding £3 for two Zone 1 journeys and don't have change for a fiver) and
a receipt. If I'm making more journeys it's usually better for me to get
a Day Travelcard though occasionally I stay overnight and don't cycle and
need a couple of Zones 1 & 2 journeys. I keep a balance of £1.50 on the
card between uses so that I don't have to queue at the first ticket
office I get to, usually King's Cross.

I see no reason to register my card.

--
Colin Rosenstiel